If you are a homeowner, you are probably always looking for ways to save on energy costs. There are several things in our homes that use energy such as our refrigerator, HVAC system, water heater, lighting, electronics, and other appliances. Those are a lot of things that need energy, so the cost of use can add up. Fortunately, there have been advances in technology in refrigerators, appliances, water heaters, and HVAC systems where they are a lot more energy-efficient. This has definitely helped to reduce energy costs, but if you are looking for more ways to save on energy, there are other places you can look.
One way that you are able to save on energy is by investing in solar roof tiles. Sure there are energy-efficient roofing systems, but with these types of roof tiles, you are able to power various appliances and systems that use electricity. At Gutter & Roof Solutions NW, our roofers are able to install solar roof tiles for Auburn, WA homes. If you want a roof that is able to provide electricity for your home, please call us at (253) 218-3225 to learn more. We can provide you with a free estimate on this type of roof material and service. We use GAF solar products, so you can be sure you get the very best solar roofing.
How Do Solar Power Roof Shingles Work?
Solar roofing tiles are known as building-integrated photovoltaics or BIPVs, which is a great answer to more sustainable energy for a home. These types of tiles look like traditional roofing like asphalt, slate, and metal, but unlike those kinds of roofing systems, solar shingles are able to create electricity. Solar powered shingles come in a variety of shingles that contain different types of solar cell technologies that are able to look like classic roofing shingles. While this type of solar roofing has only been around for a few years, it continues to grow in popularity.
So, how do these solar roof tiles actually work? The way that is that the roof will soak up photons when the sun’s rays hit the roof. When photons are absorbed, it, in turn, releases electrons, which will then generate an electrical current that goes through an inverter. When the electrical current runs through the inverter, it makes electricity for your home. A lot of people who are interested in solar roof tiles in Auburn, WA think that the whole roof will be made up of these tiles; you will still have your roofing system, with only a few areas that have solar tiles. When you call us for an estimate, our roofers can get up on your roof and determine what sections of your roof get the most sun, which is where we will install the solar tiles. If you have any questions about this type of roof, call us today!
Benefits of Solar Power Roof Tiles
If you are considering solar roof tiles, you should know what the benefits are. Unlike metal and asphalt roofing, we don’t necessarily know what all the benefits are for this type of solar roofing. Knowing the benefits of a solar shingle roof can offer you and your home will be more helpful when deciding on a roof. Keep reading to find out what some of the benefits of solar roof tiles are.
- Produce Electricity: While these roof shingles aren’t going to produce all of the electricity for your home, they will produce at least 30% or 50% of it.
- Long Lifespan: Since these tiles are outside all day long, we would expect that they don’t last that long. However, they are able to last up to 40 years.
- Sleeker Look: If you are a part of a Homeowners Association, traditional solar panels might not be accepted; luckily, because solar shingles aren’t bulky, they will not be an eyesore for you or your neighbors.
- Seamless Design: Traditional solar panels jut out of the roofing system, making them very noticeable. With solar roof tiles, they are seamlessly installed to your roof so they don’t look out of place or weird.
- Good Investment: These might be a bit more expensive than traditional roofing, but they are going to pay for themselves as they cut down on the cost of energy expenses.
- Increase in Property Value: Because this roof is able to save energy, has a seamless look, and last a long time, it is able to add more value to your home.
Call us at (253) 218-3225 to get a free estimate or to set up an appointment to have these solar roof tiles in Auburn, WA installed on your roof.
Solar Shingle Installation
If you are wanting to produce renewable energy for your home, think about solar roof tiles for your Auburn, WA residence. At Gutter & Roof Solutions NW, our roofers are able to get on your roof, determine where the sun hits the roof the most, and install the tiles to your existing roof. It’s important that if you are getting this kind of roof for your home, you hire a roofer who has experience installing solar roofing shingles. Our roofers are able to install solar shingles with precision and care so that you are able to save more electricity for your home. To get in touch with us to schedule an appointment for solar roof tiles installation, call our office at (253) 218-3225!